Wednesday, May 4, 2011

And It's Official

Our Crawler
We have a crawler!  That's right dear readers, Brodeehondro can crawl.  Now this whole crawling business was a slow and painful process, quite different than with our first born Jud.  Judsen was crawling by six and a half months and was walking by 9 months.  Brodee, well at a whupping ten and a half months, he has it mastered...but who is comparing. 

Poor little Brodee is at a disadvantage in that most of our home is covered in hardwood floors.  Jud had the luxury of learning to crawl on carpet which is easier to move on and also easier on the head.  Brodee has a hard time keeping himself from slipping and he is in the constant state of bruise.  Weather the bruise be purple, green, or yellow remnants can be seen somewhere on his head.  The idea of outfitting him with a helmet has crossed my mind.



With crawling of course comes mobility and this is something that mom needs to get used too.  The good old baby gate has come out of storage, the bed is no longer a safe place for him to be set, and who needs a dog when your 10 month old can crawl...floor cleaned.  I did have a scary moment with mobility yesterday when I went to the bathroom.  While in the bathroom I could hear this gaging noise and when I came out Brodee had the wallflower out of the wall and in his mouth.  Mercy!  He had already puked up breakfast at the pungent taste of the sweet smelling flower.  Like any good mom, I myself, quickly gave the wallflower a lick to see just what Brodee had gotten into!  Yep, I know why he puked.  I quickly read the label, gave him something to eat and drink...to get rid of the taste, and called Matt to alert him.  Needless to say he smelt good and was fine, as for the wallflower...well it was moved!



Wallflowers

I must say Brodee has become much happier with his new freedom of mobility and I am very happy for him.  I just need to do a little rearranging of his environment!  Good times in the Whittaker house! 

No comments:

Post a Comment