Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Handy Hubby

I am very thankful that my wonderful, dear husband is so handy!  Their really isn't anything that he won't try tackling, okay...except when it comes to cars--we leave that to the professionals!  Matt has helped build a good share of our house and he has done many other projects on it.  One thing he is really good at doing is woodworking.  He loves to make furniture pieces and has made many for our house.  Seeing as how
 he is a teacher and I am now a full time domestic engineer, money is not something that we have a ton of.  That is where I am so blessed to have a husband that is able to make affordable pieces for our house.  

The Pottery Barn One!
The latest project that my husband tackled was this locker system for our back entryway.  I saw a system very similar in the Pottery Barn magazine and thought that it would be perfect for our needs.  Needless to say it wasn't perfect for our pocket books.  That is where his handy skills came in, he was able to custom make this piece so that it fit perfectly in our back entry.  He fashioned it exactly off of the Pottery Barn one but for a fraction of the price.    It is perfect for storing the kids jackets, hats, mittens, snow pants, and tons of pairs of shoes.  The big drawers allow me to hide away the shoes not being used to clear out unnecessary clutter.
The baskets allow me to keep everyone's things separate and easily accessible.  I found the baskets at Target for $5.00 a piece and added the numbers to give it a fun feel!  I am so pleased with the way that it turned out and I so look forward to filling it up and using it!  Thank you dear husband!

1 comment: